We are looking for:
A Financial Specialist for our Boulder or San Diego office—A numbers-oriented person, with lots of energy and spunk, that is a great communicator and has the ability to learn new skills.
What a typical day might be like:
Financial Specialists have a unique and versatile role and it is well suited for someone who yearns for a good mix of quantitative entry level accounting work as well as interaction with a fun mix of creative marketing agencies and innovative technology companies.
Each day is filled with a variety of tasks from recording and reconciling client transactions to special research projects where you might either be working solo, championing the completion of a project, or you might be working in coordination with a Business Advisor to achieve a set goal for a client.
Many of the tasks that you will encounter will be entry level, such as managing electronic streams of data and ensuring they are recorded to the correct locations. But you will have opportunities to learn and grow within the team. Much of the work we do is completed on SaaS based technologies and accounting packages including QuickBooks Online.
Your typical day may include the following tasks:
- Full cycle Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & G/L
- Payroll & Payroll Taxes
- Sales Tax & Other Compliance
- Records and Internal Control System Setup/Maintenance
- Daily updates of SaaS applications & sync’s
- Assisting with Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assisting with Financial Statement Preparation
Some other cool stuff to know:
- We are a collaborative team that often collaborates with our remote offices through video conferencing. We learn from each other’s insights and experiences whether you have been with the company for 10+ years or just starting your first day.
- Much of the work we do is completed on SaaS based technologies and accounting packages including QuickBooks Online.
This job might be for you if:
- You are a numbers person but may not have all the prior bookkeeping skills
- We are willing to train the right person on the bookkeeping skills needed if you are also a strong communicator and detailed oriented
- You are exceptional with computers, the internet, and can easily navigate through SaaS based technology (and you know what SaaS means)
- You enjoy working in Excel spreadsheets and you google functions that could make your spreadsheet even cooler
- You are an excellent communicator and understand that includes being a good listener
- You Like to be organized and help others stay organized
- You take good notes when needed and ask questions when something is not clear
- You are good at keeping a schedule and have a good memory or methods to help you remember deadlines
- You are detail oriented and proof read things that you write or type to make sure they are accurate
- You Like numbers and you think working with accountants would be fun
- You get things done and you take pride in doing things right
You might be a really good fit if:
- You have relevant Accounting Experience
- You have experience working with business owners and/or working on client engagements
- You have worked with QuickBooks Online and/or other SaaS accounting technology
The Pay and the Perks:
We offer competitive salaries and great medical benefits like health, dental, vision, AD&D, LT & ST disability, and life insurance coverage. Full time employees are also eligible for 401(k), PTO, and paid holiday time.
If this all sounds like you:
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to email@example.com, specifying the position you are applying for (“Financial Specialist” – SD or Boulder??) in the email subject line. In the cover letter please include why you think you would be a good fit at Richtr.